Monday, January 24, 2022

You Say

  I am going to be real, vulnerable, and honest in this one. If it helps you, that's amazing or if you read it for entertainment, that's fine too.

I have struggled with low self worth and low self esteem for as long as I can remember. Unfortunately, that has been something I work through/battle everyday. You need this information to read the rest of the blog.

The last few weeks have been difficult with this. I do not like the way I look whatsoever. Yes, I know what I have to do to change that and I have been working on that, but I still have these insecurities. I even had them when I was a size 2...

I was listening to a relaxation channel on Pandora this evening just sitting in the moment and praying. The song "You Say" came on and something really hit me. I hurt so badly when my girls say they don't like something about themselves or when they compare themselves to another person. As a mom of three girls and a youth leader, I have heard this a lot unfortunately. I always correct them and tell them they are absolutely beautiful and made the way God wanted them to be. As a mom this breaks my heart, and then it hit me...

It has to hurt God when we say these things about ourselves. He talks about everything He has called us...loved, beautiful, perfectly made in His image, wanted, adored. When He looks at us He doesn't see our imperfections, He doesn't see the extra weight, or acne, or scars from whatever, He sees perfection and love. Y'all, that's so big. I can't even wrap my head around that, but that is what He thinks of each and every one of us. 

Next time you look in the mirror, or think something negative about yourself, remember that God loves what He sees!! Be a little less harsh on yourself and have grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Like the title says, I am just me! I created this blog several years ago as a way to put my thoughts down on "paper". I have come back to it from time to time, but lately I find myself thinking about more and more things to write. If it inspires you...great, if not, that's ok too. I'm Just Being Me!!

Followers