Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm back!

     Where have I been you may ask? I am not quite sure myself!
I used to be someone who had to dress cute, have my hair and makeup done, and always looking my best to even go to the store. I was happy then. I felt great, had more energy, I felt like me.
    For a while now it's been, oh we're going to the store, I have sweatpants on, a t-shirt with snot or something on it from my kids and I was ok with that. Yes, I am a mom, but there's no reason that I can't be me anymore. I have decided that I'm taking over again. 
     I haven't ever been happy with my body and my size. Even when I was itty bitty in high school, there was something I didn't like then. (now I'd do anything to get that body back) When we lived in SC the first time, I had a friend who had kids the same age as ours. Our husbands worked together, we'd always hang out, we'd walk the entire base just to get in exercise. Then we moved to VA and I joined a gym. I loved it there, I was feeling great, seeing results. Miss Natalie then came along and I just gave up. I was so tired from chasing all three kids alone since Wayne was on deployment. I would put the kids, the house, doing things for everyone else ahead of everything else that I just didn't care about myself anymore. I am finding out, that's not the healthy way to live. I need to make time for me.  
       I have been praying for quite some time now wondering a lot of things. I have been feeling down, I guess is a good word for it. I am not happy with a lot of things about me... Well, the time has come, God has helped, and I woke up this morning with a new outlook. For the first time in a long time I got my older two off to school, Wayne off to work, Natalie ready for the day and I worked my butt off. My house is clean, I worked out so hard and it felt great, Natalie and I went for a long walk around the neighborhood, I have nowhere to go today, but I still got showered, hair done, and makeup on. I am feeling "normal" again. I have a long way to go, but this is a start for sure!
              Psalm 126:1-6
 When the Lord restored the fortunes of[a] Zion,
    we were like those who dreamed.[b]
Our mouths were filled with laughter,
    our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
    “The Lord has done great things for them.”
The Lord has done great things for us,
    and we are filled with joy.
Restore our fortunes,[c] Lord,
    like streams in the Negev.
Those who sow with tears
    will reap with songs of joy.
Those who go out weeping,
    carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
    carrying sheaves with them
    

1 comment:

  1. This verse speaks to me and lets me know that God is there. He's always fulfilling our needs, being there for us, and constantly doing great things for us! He's been my rock in times of trouble, my strength in times of weakness, my giver when we've needed something. He's my God!!!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Like the title says, I am just me! I created this blog several years ago as a way to put my thoughts down on "paper". I have come back to it from time to time, but lately I find myself thinking about more and more things to write. If it inspires you...great, if not, that's ok too. I'm Just Being Me!!

Followers